GraphiXT is a data analysis software and numerical computing environment. The original purpose of GraphiXT was to facilitate study of time dependences (i.e., kinetics) of a large number of physical quantities that are related to each other. Consequently, graphs displayed by GraphiXT are of two types: graphs of functions f(t), whose argument is time (t), and graphs of functions f(x, t), whose arguments are coordinate (x) and time (t). However, the actual meaning of function arguments is up to the user. GraphiXT.exe can be used as a stand-alone program or in conjunction with plug-ins that solve kinetic equations describing a particular physical system. Currently, there is one such plug-in, which is designed to simulate charge carrier kinetics in multi-layer systems. That plug-in consists of two files – the function file CarrierFunc.dll and the parameter editor file CarrierParms.exe.
The GraphiXT software package has been developed by Andrius Pokus (Vilnius University, Faculty of Physics) as an educational tool for the graduate course "Numerical simulation of charge transport processes". It can also be used as a scientific research tool. Here are some features of GraphiXT:
Operating system: Windows XP SP2 or a newer Windows version.
- It is possible to create any number of "synchronized" graph windows, where the dependence of a particular quantity or several quantities on the coordinate x at a particular moment of time t is plotted
- The mentioned time ("current time") can be easily changed using a special slider; it is possible to use "animation mode", when the program itself changes the current time with a constant rate
- When GraphiXT is used with simulation plug-ins, the calculation results are automatically plotted during the simulation
- Curves can be generated from user-defined equations or from user-defined DLL functions
- A built-in compiler for computational programming, supporting multi-dimensional arrays and subroutines
- A simple-to-use array viewer/editor
- A large number of built-in mathematical functions, including special functions, numerical integration functions and others
- Elementary data analysis: linear fitting, integration, statistical analysis
- Nonlinear least-squares fitting and solution of systems of nonlinear algebraic equations
- Curve data can be exported to text files or imported from text files
- Plotted function data can be edited either in table format or directly in graph windows
- It is possible to modify all visual settings, such as line and text format, etc.
Current version numbers and build dates:
GraphiXT.exe 22.214.171.124 (2015-09-14)
CarrierFunc.dll 0.75.19.4 (2013-07-11)
CarrierParms.exe 0.75.15.4 (2013-10-20)
GraphiXT is freeware. The download links are below:
The installer GraphiXT_setup.exe (file size 10 MB) including the complete software package, documentation and sample projects (updated on September 14, 2015)
GraphiXT User's Manual in PDF format (updated on February 23, 2015)
Charge Transport Simulator User's Manual in PDF format (updated on April 9, 2014)
List of changes in the main GraphiXT executable in PDF format (updated on September 14, 2015)
List of changes in the GraphiXT plug-in for simulating charge carrier kinetics in PDF format (updated on October 20, 2013)
GraphiXT is constantly being improved. Constructive comments and suggestions are welcome. Please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 14, 2015